No Apologies Round Two

"Few if any recent generations could sit with a Bible in one hand and their newspapers in the other and see the fulfillment of prophecy, but for us it’s almost routine." Jack Kelly

Friday, January 30, 2009

Call Me A Consipracy Nut

You may call me a conspiracy nut, but I know I am not the only person who believes this present economic disaster was intentional. I believe that many people have had it planned for decades. Good- I have your attention now.

I'm no economic whiz- in fact as far as math goes, I admit I never made it past 10th grade level. I do however, know common sense, and very little of the last year's economic policies and band aid fixes have made absolutely NO sense what so ever. Anything I learned about investments, saving and making money grow, has been largely gained by two sources- My Dad and the Bible. I have not always had the money to "make money", so I have had little by way of making investments- but on the bright side of that, I don't have to worry about the stock market roller coaster. I do pay attention however, because I know a lot of hard working people who invested over the years to put away for retirement who have been having a hard time lately.

I've always tried to be prudent with whatever I have been blessed with. I have never owned a credit card. I have tried to pay cash when I can, but for cars and homes, I always, ALWAYS looked at the fine print, asked questions and put as much down as possible before making any kind of deal. I have never owned a new car or home, and I always made bigger monthly payments to pay off debt early and avoid paying so much on interest. I have never been one to buy fancy clothes or trinkets- even when I had the money to spend, as I find paying anything over what I know something can be made for cost wise is stupid. When I go grocery shopping, I make a list and stick to it. If by chance my counting is off and I don't have enough at the cash register to pay for it- I have no problem giving something back. I've cut back on unnecessary things. I have never been late on a payment for anything. When times were good- I saved the money for bills and emergencies. It was because of this my family and I have been able to survive a car crash (having to buy a newer vehicle) hurricane damage (new roof), forest fire (having to buy another lawnmower and other equipment we lost), and now, these times where my dear husband has no work. The times are getting tighter and I'll admit it is getting harder to tighten more on our belts. I thank God every chance I can for the fact that we have been able to put an extra veggie garden in. I have dusted off my recipe books, learned to make my own bread, make larger casserole type meals so our freezer is full, and am very glad that my husband knows how to hunt, and we all like to fish!

People think things are going to get better now that Obama is taking care of things. I know from the Bible, and from what I have been watching over the past year- things are going to get harder, and I would like to warn folks to get ready for tough times.

So, what has been going on, and where are we headed? It's back to the Bible time folks, and I have a lot to go through, so this will be one of my usual multi part entries. Stay tuned- the next time, we'll look at the things that helped lead up to these economic hard times, and how certain people who helped caused them, are now running the whole show. We'll look to Bible prophecies and see where we are headed. Until then, don't take the nightly news as truth- they have as much stake in where we're headed as the people who have put us in these times. Also, leave some suggestions in your comments, on how you are saving money. Maybe we will able to help each other with our ideas. God Bless

4 comments:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Hi Carolyn,
I am looking forward to reading more of your thoughts on this subject. For me, stocking up on cheap but good food items like rice and beans just may keep us from starving some day and learning to cook new dishes will help. At least try to cook and use olive oil in lieu of butter. Save more money in cash in a fire proof safe at home and tell nobody.

Tom

betty said...

Carolyn, I totally agree with you; times are going to get a lot tougher before they get better.

Back in November, I did a series on my journal called "Frugal Friday" with the realization that I needed to tighten our spending not knowing what laid ahead. A lot of people shared what they were doing which I incorporated a lot into my life

not going out to eat (as often) we used to go out every Friday night, now we just go out once a month if at all or go out for dessert

buy store brands

use coupons

looking forward to your other posts when you get to them

betty

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

I'm reading these articles because I need to learn more and I heard something more alarming today than I've heard since 9/11. Obama's bringing the terrorists in from Palestine and giving them amunity here. SOON. Are we prayed up? Are we ready?

This was a good read btw. Thanks for helping me to understand and to grow.

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

P.S. I meant to tell you that I'm very frugal and Dirk seems to be very proud of that. We also live on a cash only basis. We always will. The more I know you the more I'm convinced that we are sooo much alike in our behavior, and our thinking. Our lifestyles are very similar too. We strive to be good wives. And pleasing to our Heavenly Father as well first and foremost.