No Apologies Round Two

"Few if any recent generations could sit with a Bible in one hand and their newspapers in the other and see the fulfillment of prophecy, but for us it’s almost routine." Jack Kelly

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A God Thing

I have written before about those times when you're reading the Bible, and you have one of those "slap me in the forehead" moments. I had another one.

My friend and brother in Christ, David Jeffers has been doing an incredible series on his blog over at Salt and Light (see it in the side bar here and go check it out) . He's been teaching on the importance of Biblical principles, the founding documents and voting on these foundations. Voting for those who hold our values as dear as we do- those who don't separate their Biblical principals and their political asperations.

I have been having a big anger issue for quite a while about those in Washington (NO! I don't say!) While there is nothing wrong with being angry about dishonest and corrupt politicians, and those who are railroading the people, I have found lately that I am no better than those I see who are so hateful towards Biblical conservatives such as myself. I read the comments on so many political sites and some of the language is enough to curl your hair, some of it violently angry. Although I haven't been quite that bad, I have gotten to the point where I call people names and such, but it makes me no better than those who do the same or worse.

After reading Davids articles and devotions this week, and seeing such hatred from people on all sides of the political spectrum, I realized my sin and asked the Lord to help me. To help me not sin in my anger, to help me keep things in perspective.

I know that He is in control, and that all things- good and bad, He is working for His purpose. I'm not saying that He is pulling stings on anyone, and especially not those in power, but those in our capital and around the world in working for their own power, glory and ideals are in fact playing into what the Lord has already told us about. Unless you are a Biblical Christian and know the signs the Bible tells us about, you wouldn't understand how close we are to the second coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He laid out all the signs for us to follow so we would be prepaired. If you've read any of my prophecies series you would see how many of these are comming to pass before our eyes.

This is what I meant when I asked to keep things in perspective. Now, am I allowed as a Christian to get angry when I see a group of "elites" running this country into the ground and hurting millions of people in the process? Yes. Am I allowed to speak out at what I see as corruption and power plays at the expense of not only our citizens but also those of the world who are effected? You betcha.

What I can not do however is stoop to their own level in my anger, and I must be like Christ when dealing with these things. I need to pray (which I do) for them, that they would know Jesus as their savior, and that we can find Biblical minded people to run for the next elections- whether we have a few days left before Jesus comes or years before He comes. I need to keep on praying for those in power, I need to keep praying that our country will come back to the foundations on which God blessed so richly in the beginning.

Now, for my slap me in the forehead verses which I read last night.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
For evil men will be cut off,

but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
A little while, and the wicked will be no more;

though you look for them, they will not be found.
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.

The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them;
but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.
The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy,

to slay those whose ways are upright.

But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.
Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked;
for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.


Amen and Amen! Maranatha!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

It was like a slap in the face for me when i read a little booklet about forgiveness and Matthew's words were brought home, that the measure i use will be measured to me. I then i will reap what i sow. I now try, and i repeat try, to bless those who persecute me and are my enemies. I try to tell myself it is not personal but the enemy in them. I am seriously thinking of starting a new blog that will be on a christian theme. What do you think?
Jenny <><

Heli gunner Tom said...

Yes, of course your post mirrors my own thoughts and I know I need to work on my own baggage of mistakes. thank you! Great post,and I intend to 're-post' this on TOM'S JOURNAL.. Woo Woo! Prepared as I think I am for Jesus' return-- I will probably still need to change my pants when the Lord comes... lol, and at the very correct time according to the Father's Plan.

Hugs,
Bro. Tom Schuckman
tschuckman@aol.com
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70

Penny said...

Amen and Amen!! What a wonderful read! The scriptures always have the answers for us if we look. Thank you so much for this post. Blessings, Penny

Anonymous said...

I PRAY FOR GOD TO CORRECT THE WORLD'S EVIL ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT GOD INTENDS US TO SUFFER IN SILENCE.

JESUS TOOK ACTION WHEN HE OVERTURNED THE TABLES AND USED A WHIP.

JESUS, PLEASE OVERTURN ACCORDING TO YOUR WILL.
sam

Mik said...

Fantastic writing Carolyn. I needed a word to help me too. Thanks for posting this. I needed it to help me deal with the D.C. frustrations that I have too...

Mik

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

It's great to be a child of God! He will always correct us, pull us in, or even cut us off if need be.

I love those slap me in the head moments because they remind me just how Personal our Lord is.