No Apologies Round Two

"Few if any recent generations could sit with a Bible in one hand and their newspapers in the other and see the fulfillment of prophecy, but for us it’s almost routine." Jack Kelly

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blessed Christmas~


Oh, Come, Oh, Come Emmanuel


Oh, come, oh, come, Emmanuel, And ransom captive Israel, That mourns in lonely exile here Until the Son of God appear. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to you, O Israel!


Oh, come, our Wisdom from on high, Who ordered all things mightily; To us the path of knowledge show, and teach us in her ways to go. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to you, O Israel!


Oh, come, oh, come, our Lord of might, Who to your tribes on Sinai's height In ancient times gave holy law, In cloud and majesty and awe.Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to you, O Israel!


Oh, come O Rod of Jesse's stem, From ev'ry foe deliver them That trust your mighty pow'r to save; Bring them in vict'ry through the grave. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to you, O Israel!


Oh, come, O Key of David, come, And open wide our heav'nly home; Make safe the way that leads on high, And close the path to misery. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to you, O Israel!


Oh, come, our Dayspring from on high, And cheer us by your drawing nigh, Disperse the gloomy clouds of night, And death's dark shadows put to flight. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to you, O Israel!


Oh, come, Desire of nations, bind In one the hearts of all mankind; Oh, bid our sad divisions cease, And be yourself our King of Peace. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to you, O Israel!


Amen- Yes. Come Lord Jesus!!!

3 comments:

Heli gunner Tom said...

HI Carolyn,
What a beautiful song that shoots me back to my religious grade school days in Milwaukee when we HAD to learn and sing--taught by the nuns. Woo Woo! What a rush... lol.
Our church is putting on a big turkey dinner in the evening, but that means we would have to make a 2nd trip of 22 miles back to church.
I am so glad that Christ was born as prophesied per scripture. But past that-- I don't get so agitated and over involved so as to miss the true meaning of this time.. the date is wrong anyway.. sorry. For some reason New Years' Eve chokes me up more ecasue it reminds me of all my fallen comrades.

Hugs,
Tom

Mik said...

wow Carolyn,
This song takes me back to when I was in Catholic school and we would whine because during advent, we had to get down on both knees and bow, instead of genuflecting. But I am looking forward to Christmas. I'm getting to spend it with my family for the first time in a long while. I look forward to it... God Bless you Carolyn. I hope you and your family enjoy yourselves...

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

Hi Carolyn;

Hoping you and your family had a wonderful Christmas day. Thank you for your support as of recently. You mean so much to me. I appreciate your encouragement. I'll try to stay in touch more but since my laptop died, I am using Dirk's.
Keep me in your prayers please and I will do the same for you and your family.

Nelishia